Need a system to become a better Designer ?
Try my 5-Steps Creative Process !
Become the successful & innovative designer you want to be.
I’ll show you how in this free ebook !
Creative Souls & Textile Lovers,
This Is All For You !
Dreaming of becoming a textile designer ?
Or just wanting to know more about textiles in general ?
This website was built for you !
You’ll find tons of resources to learn more about Textiles, Fabric Manipulations & Creativity !
But who am I to teach you anything ?
Here’s what I love to talk about …
Theoric knowledge around textiles and how they are made, not to annoy you, but so you can make better creations !
Hello, amazing creations ! Learn more about how to make them, create beautiful things, and become a master at fabric manipulations !
‘Cause it’s the base for everything in your life as a designer, you better get the hottest tips !
What category are you the most attracted to ? Just click on it to learn more !
This is what I’ve been writing about lately :
- Textile Glossary Because fabrics and everything around it comes with a lot of technical words and complicated stuffs, let's recap a few of the basic words in this Textile Glossary ! This is not an exhaustive list of vocabulary around textile [this would require an entire website and fill a dictionary !] but rather an introduction to the ...
- What is the Fabric Hand ? The Fabric Hand is the way the fabric feels when you touch it. It also refers to the way a fabric responds when handled.
- 5 Design Mistakes that make your creations less original There a plenty of ways to create as a designer. Everyone has its own way of doing things. But I’m pretty sure everyone will agree with me that these 5 mistakes are really to be avoided, if you want to create something truly original ! Graduated as a Fashion Designer from a fashion school in ...
- Canadian Smocks : The Complete Guide What are Canadian Smocks ? Canadian smocks are a type of fabric manipulation or hand stitching technique also sometimes called North American smocks. The craftsman make stitches on certain places of the fabric, to gather the fabric together, creating a 3D pattern.
- The Different Types of Fabric Hello Creative Souls ! Today I’m explaining the different types of fabrics. With so many existing textiles, it’s normal to get confused on how to choose fabrics for your creations. So let’s start with the basics ! The categories we are talking about today are quite broad, and they will give us a global view ...
Can I support you even more ?
Discover all the good stuffs I still have for you !
The Design Coaching Call is your accelerator to create better designs. Get more innovative ideas, unblock your concepts, and get constructive advices and tips to make incredible designs.
The 5-Steps Creative Process for Designers is THE guide to help you create more innovative designs. Use the steps to get broader and deeper ideas for your designs, and stand out from the crowd ! And the best part ? It’s all FREE !
Textile Creations with Floriane Schmitt is the FREE Facebook Community where all Textile Lovers and Creative Souls gather ! It’s your place to ask for advices, opinions, share your work and learn new tips about textiles and creativity.