Need a system to become a better Designer ?
Try my 5-Steps Creative Process !
Become the successful & innovative designer you want to be.
I’ll show you how in this free ebook !
Creative Souls & Textile Lovers,
This Is All For You !
Dreaming of becoming a textile designer ?
Or just wanting to know more about textiles in general ?
This website was built for you !
You’ll find tons of resources to learn more about Textiles, Fabric Manipulations & Creativity !
But who am I to teach you anything ?
Here’s what I love to talk about …
Theoric knowledge around textiles and how they are made, not to annoy you, but so you can make better creations !
Hello, amazing creations ! Learn more about how to make them, create beautiful things, and become a master at fabric manipulations !
‘Cause it’s the base for everything in your life as a designer, you better get the hottest tips !
What category are you the most attracted to ? Just click on it to learn more !
This is what I’ve been writing about lately :
- 5 Tips to create Modern Fabric Manipulations Fabric Manipulations are an amazing way to add something unique to your fashion or textile designs. There are an infinite number of techniques that you can try ! Some techniques are old, some are new, and some are definitely waiting for you to be modernized ! But how can you create something modern and new ...
- What are the differences between woven, knitted and non woven fabrics ? Fabrics are amazing. There are so many different ones that exist, and they can inspire you to create anything. But how do you choose which fabric to use, with so many possibilities ? And how do you recognize the differences between 2 fabrics, when they can seem so similar at first look ? That's when ...
- Fabric Manipulation Guide : Pleating Pleats have been used in textiles and fashion for ever. But the style and techniques of pleats have changed a lot, opening a world of possibilities with each technological innovation ! Pleats are a great fabric manipulation technique, adding interesting details to a garment or completely creating it. Let’s see what type of pleats is ...
- Canadian Smocks : The Complete Guide What are Canadian Smocks ? Canadian smocks are a type of fabric manipulation or hand stitching technique also sometimes called North American smocks. The craftsman make stitches on certain places of the fabric, to gather the fabric together, creating a 3D pattern.
- Textile Glossary Because fabrics and everything around it comes with a lot of technical words and complicated stuffs, let's recap a few of the basic words in this Textile Glossary ! This is not an exhaustive list of vocabulary around textile [this would require an entire website and fill a dictionary !] but rather an introduction to the ...
Can I support you even more ?
Discover all the good stuffs I still have for you !
The Design Coaching Call is your accelerator to create better designs. Get more innovative ideas, unblock your concepts, and get constructive advices and tips to make incredible designs.
The 5-Steps Creative Process for Designers is THE guide to help you create more innovative designs. Use the steps to get broader and deeper ideas for your designs, and stand out from the crowd ! And the best part ? It’s all FREE !
Textile Creations with Floriane Schmitt is the FREE Facebook Community where all Textile Lovers and Creative Souls gather ! It’s your place to ask for advices, opinions, share your work and learn new tips about textiles and creativity.